Winter is officially here and it is already 4 to 5 degrees in the place where I live. Though it doesn’t snow here, I love this season! It feels amazing to cozy up with a cup of hot chocolate and a good book. Now that’s exactly what this season does – tempting you to veg out all day.
After the initial excitement of the season, I had bouts of boredom. I couldn’t read past the first three pages of three books, I didn’t want to watch Netflix, and I definitely didn’t want to go outside.
Now, that’s when I found out ways to get off my coach and have some fun. Here are 11 simple boredom busters which you can try too!
11 Winter Boredom Busters
- Go through old clothes: literally, meaning to organize your wardrobe. It is a major chore, but I removed all the clothes from the cupboard and went about with cleaning and organizing. Though it seemed like a daunting task, I felt so good ditching things which I didn’t wear anymore and even finding some new pair of socks which I thought was lost. Well!
- Clean the cabinets: Now that we are on cleaning mode, why not scrub off the grease we splattered on the kitchen cabinets? Yes, it is finally time to fight the grime and grunge and make our cabinets look holiday ready.
- Try a new recipe: (or bake some cookies!) Nothing relaxes me as cooking does. I found few recipes of cake that I can try without actually baking them in an oven and made a few chocolate cupcakes and boy, it was delish!
- DIY: Use sources like YouTube or Pinterest to find ideas and instructions to DIY something you love. I made this wall hanging from Yarns last year and it still adorns my wall so pretty. | Check out this DIY Yarn Wall Hanging
- Have a Winter Party: (or go for a picnic!) Prepare some hot cocoa, cakes, and finger foods and make the most of this season. Call some friends over and you’ll surely have a fun time.
- Shop: Be it to the local market or online, do some shopping this season. There are never enough winter clothes, boots and books, alright!
- Have a spa day: There are days when you need nothing other than being pampered. Take things in your hand this time. Soak your feet in a tub of hot water with tea tree oil and Epsom salts. It soothes your aches and even reduces your stress. Ah, thank me later!
- Read a book: There’s something magical about winters that it lets you turn off and get lost in a wonderful book. Pick up some winter reads like A Christmas Carol or The Bear and the Nightingale. Oh and don’t forget your hot chocolate.
- Netflix and Chill: There are numerous shows on Netflix to binge watch and maybe this is the right time for you to catch on if you haven’t already. Drag your better half, cozy up under a blanket and watch a TV series you both absolutely love.
- Send gifts: End of the year is here and it’s the right time to send out gifts to your loved ones. Even a simple thank you card would bring a smile on their faces and after all, it’s Christmas!
- Cozy up with your furball: Cozy up this winter with your furry friend and let your pup feel as comfy as you are. Mufasa (my Golden Retriever) has been enjoying this quality bonding time!
That’s all for now, folks!
Friday Reflections is a link up hosted by Corinne at Everyday Gyaan and yours truly. We invite you to join us every Friday to share a good cup of tea and your reflections based on the prompts we provide.
Here’s how #FridayReflections works:
- Every 1st and 3rd Friday (and a 5th Friday, if there’s one) you are invited to write a post based on the prompts provided. On the 2nd and 4th Friday, join in with your reflections.
- Use the hashtag #FridayReflections. Please follow Friday Reflections on Twitter @FridayReflect and join our Facebook Group.
- Add your link to the linky below.
- Use the #FridayReflections badge to encourage other bloggers to join in too.
- Visit and comment on the posts of other bloggers linked here.
Prompts for 30 Nov 2018 –> are here!