Some recent happenings made me feel insecure. I wasn’t sure what I was doing with my life and it was easy for me to put the blame on others. But the funny thing is, these insecurities are loud. They tend to increase in number the more you think of it. And they also seem to have good clarity- if you know what I mean.
I used to struggle with that sinking feeling. But at the end of the day, I realized that you’re the only one who can pull it together and give yourself a reason to feel worthy.
Today you’ll choose yourself. You’ll be your champion. Be all in.
One of my favorite quotes is from Eudora Welty. I would let you read it.
I am a writer who came of a sheltered life.
A sheltered life can be a daring life as well.
For all serious daring starts from within.
Now, let that soak in a little bit.
I have always lived a sheltered life. But with that comes the insecurities and fear of taking a new step.
When you first start out to do something new, to try something big — either right before or right after you take that first small but significant step — you will be challenged. The key here is to believe in yourself and never give up.
Today, I want to take that chance. I want to dare and allow my courageous voice to take over. I want to risk something and discover those unchartered territories and let my voice be the guide. I want to let go of all the thoughts in my head and the heaviness in my heart.
So today, I’m choosing myself. Today, I’m putting myself first.
At the beginning of this year, I decided to let go of my inhibitions and cherish each and every moment in life. I swore to live in the moment and be mindful of the things I do. I believe, it is time to reaffirm those thoughts and live with intention and purpose. I’m going to shake things a little bit.
This post was written in response to the Quote Prompt.
Friday Reflections is a link up hosted by Corinne at Everyday Gyaan and yours truly. We invite you to join us every Friday to share a good cup of tea and your reflections based on the prompts we provide.
Here’s how #FridayReflections works:
- Write a post using one of the prompts for the week provided below.
- Use the hashtag #FridayReflections. Please follow us on Twitter @FridayReflect and join our Facebook Group.
- Add your link to the linky below.
- Use our #FridayReflections badge to encourage other bloggers to join in too.
- Visit and comment on the posts of other bloggers linked here.
Prompts for 25 May 2018 – choose any one:
- The most difficult letter to write.
- A sheltered life can be a daring life as well. For all serious daring starts from within. – Eudora Welty
- Picture prompt (image courtesy: Corinne Rodrigues)