Bork! Welcome to the 2022 Reading with Muffy Challenge.
We have enjoyed hosting this challenge and are super pumped to be back for the third consecutive year!
I had received a lot of requests over emails, Instagram DMs, and comments on the blog to host the challenge again and we are overawed!
This challenge would give some fun and interesting prompts for you to adhere to, all the while helping you to up your reading game!
This is the introductory and sign-up page. We hope you’d join us!
If you are already following us on Instagram – ReadingWithMuffy, you’d know that Mufasa aka Muffy, my Golden Retriever, is an ardent reader. He is loved by many bibliophiles and publishing houses and we truly appreciate the love you’ve showered upon us.
The last two years were a blast in terms of reading and we had so many book lovers participate in the challenge. We are forever grateful for making this challenge a spectacular success because trust me, our sole aim is to spread the joy and love of reading.
So, get that kettle on, find a cozy nook and soft throws and dive straight into the rules, sign-up steps, prompts, and prizes for 2022 Reading with Muffy- The Monthly Reading Challenge.
2022 Reading with Muffy- Monthly Reading Challenge
How it Works
🐾 Reading with Muffy is a Monthly Reading Challenge that runs from 01 Jan 2021, 0000hrs to 31 Dec 2022, 2359hrs. (Indian Standard Time)
🐾 There are 22 prompts for the challenge this year.
- One prompt will be given for each month and all you’ve to do is read ATLEAST 1 book that fits the prompt for that month.
- 10 add-on prompts are also given (making it a total of 12+10=22 prompts) which you can read at leisure, during the course of the year.
- You may choose to read any book that fits the prompt, in the language or format of your choice (physical, ebook, audio). We only want you to experience the joy of reading!
- You may choose to complete just 12 or all 22 book prompts. However, to be eligible for the Mega-Prize, you ought to complete all 22.
🐾 A check-in post will go live on the 1st of every month and be open till the last day of that month.
- Share your monthly reads on Instagram or on your blog using the hashtag #ReadingwithMuffy. Then come back and link up your reviews on the check-in post every month.
- You may please add your add-on prompt review as and when you complete, to the linky that is open.
- You may find the previous check-in posts here to get a better idea.
- The linky for January will be opened on the 10th.
🐾You may follow our Instagram account where we can discuss and recommend books for all these prompts.
To be eligible for this Reading Challenge,
🐾 Sign Up! (details are given below)
🐾 Follow @Muffytales on Instagram.
Yes, you heard that right!
🐾 There will be one winner every month who will receive a brand new book.
🐾 At the end of the challenge, there will be one Mega-Winner who gets to take home a Cafe Mocha box from The Big Book Box. The winner will be chosen from amongst those who successfully complete all the 22 Book Prompts and the overall participation throughout the year. I’d like to thank the Team of TBB Box for sponsoring this prize and for all the love and support.
🐾 There could also be some surprise winners because, you know, Muffy is your happy Santa. For eg: This year, we asked our bookstagrammers to recommend a couple of prompts and we picked three favorites. They got to take home a little gift from us!
🐾 The prizes will be sent to a valid Indian address only.
Reading with Muffy – Prompts
Subscribe to my newsletter to receive five free reading tracker templates!
|Jan – A book with bird(s) on the cover||Additional Prompts|
|Feb – A book with a pink cover||Read the second book in a series|
|Mar – A book from the Anniversary Edition of TBB Box||A book set on a mode of transportation|
|Apr – A book is new to you in some way||A book with a question word in the title|
|May – A book that depicts eating disorder||The longest book on your TBR|
|Jun – A queer book||One-sitting read|
|Jul – A Choose-Your-Own-Adventure book||South Asian literature|
|Aug – A book that depicts India’s freedom struggle||A book with a title that has all the letters of your name in it|
|Sep – A translated literature||A legal thriller|
|Oct – A dark academia book||A book with only words on the cover|
|Nov – A book with a building on the cover||Goodreads 2021 Awards winner|
|Dec – A book with one or more of these words in the title- holiday/winter/day/one/night/you/little|
January ~ Soar High
January is Muffy’s Barkday. He will turn four on Jan 8 and he loves watching the birds soaring high in the sky. We would love for you to read a book with bird(s) on the cover of the book.
February ~ My Cotton Candy Heart
Read a book with a pink cover.
March ~ Happy Birthday, The Big Book Box!
Our Mega Prize Sponsor The Big Book Box turns five this year! Read a book that is sent in the TBB Box Anniversary edition themed ‘Favours of Fortune’.
I’ll update the name of the books here once the team reveals them.
April ~ Avant-Garde
Read a book that is new to you in some way- a genre you’ve never tried before, an author you’ve never read, a new book you have bought,… anything!
May ~ Investing in Oneself
Read a book that depicts an eating disorder. eg: Bulimia, binge-eating, anorexia, etc.
June ~ Rainbow Love
In June, we celebrating Pride month! Read a queer book.
July ~ Escapist’s Paradise
Bookstagrammer’s Choice Prompt: Read a Choose-Your-Own-Adventure book. As soon as I saw this entry, it had my heart. Congratulations and thank you, @pjwaalebabu!
Here, there will be the main storyline, and the reader will periodically choose what action will follow next and the story moves accordingly. Check out this link for recommendations and further understanding.
August ~ Celebrating 75th Indian Independence Day
India celebrates its 75th Year of Independence on 15th August 2022. Read a book that depicts India’s freedom struggle.
September ~ Translated Literature
Let’s celebrate incredible literary voices by reading a translated book. It is also
October ~ Of Thrills and Chills!
Murder, suspense, and horror stories set in schools and colleges seem to be trendy these days. Pick up a dark academia book!
November ~ Hello Castles and Skyscrappers!
Read a book with a building on the cover.
December ~ Word Play
Read a book with one or more of these words in the title- holiday/winter/day/one/night/you/little
- Read the second book in a series: So, that you (have to) read the first book as well, or you are forced to get back to that unfinished series on your TBR!
- A book set on a mode of transportation like a car, train, airplane, ship etc.
- A book with a question word in the title: what, which, when, where, who, whom, whose, why, whether and how.
- Read that “monster” book: The longest (by the number of pages) book on your TBR
- Quick Lit: One-sitting read
- South Asian Literature: The term “South Asian literature” refers to the literary works of writers from the Indian subcontinent and its diaspora. Countries to which South Asian literature’s writers are linked include India, Pakistan, Bangladesh, Sri Lanka and Nepal.
- Bookstagrammer’s Choice: Self-love: A book with a title that has all the letters of your name in it. Congratulations and thank you, @undermylantern!
- Courtroom drama: A legal thriller
- The power of words: A book with only words on the cover
- Goodreads 2021 Awards winner
2022 Reading with Muffy – Sign Up Form
Here’s what you should do right away!
- Follow @muffytales on Instagram (This will help you find all the updates and announcements on our Instagram stories. We will also be sharing book recommendations for the prompts.)
- Write a blog post/ Instagram post announcing your participation in this challenge. You may or may not include your book choices because I understand that you would want to change your choices later.
- Link up the post below on the SignUp linky. Please note that I am looking for a unique blog post or Instagram post and not any direct links to your blog /social media account. I shall be deleting the direct links.
- It’d be amazing if you could give a shoutout on your social media using the hashtag #ReadingWithMuffy. Feel free to tag us on Instagram.
Here is the signup linky.
Thank you for joining in!
Please drop a comment on this post in case of any queries. We really look forward to your participation and also know of your book lists and choices.
I will be sharing book recommendations for these prompts in the coming days, here on the blog as well as on Instagram.