When you left
I gathered broken words and
a dimmed-down heart.
I sat in silence
flooded with those salty words
There was not
a light of hope,
never to think of you
I kept coming back
to that wretched scene
a permanent sunset of your weaknesses.
I felt compelled
to playout my dream
as real as poisoned apples and magic beans.
Ah! where has my heart gone again,
and again and again
A heart that was never your prize.
I trained my heart
to never miss you again, for
you shooed me off even when I tried not to walk away.
The cost of embracing fire
is in being burned
and I’m afraid I may actually never heal.
But I will find folds
to bury this moment
so I may never find it again.
Friday Reflections is a link up hosted by Corinne at Everyday Gyaan and yours truly. We invite you to join us every Friday to share a good cup of tea and your reflections based on the prompts we provide.
Here’s how #FridayReflections works:
- Write a post using one of the prompts for the week provided below.
- Use the hashtag #FridayReflections. Please follow us on Twitter @FridayReflect and join our Facebook Group.
- Add your link to the linky below.
- Use our #FridayReflections badge to encourage other bloggers to join in too.
- Visit and comment on the posts of other bloggers linked here.
Prompts for 19th January 2018 – choose any one:
- Write a post use the word ‘missing’ in it. You could write about a person/ or thing that you had and are missing or something that is missing from your life.
- “You should write because you love the shape of stories and sentences and the creation of different words on a page. Writing comes from reading, and reading is the finest teacher of how to write.”
- Picture Prompt (via Corinne Rodrigues )