They say every woman’s bag is a puzzle. And that she carries the world in it. Well, that’s true. And I do not understand why opening a woman’s handbag is a taboo. No ghost or puppy is going to jump out of it. My colleagues always came to my desk just to grab those goodies and munch on.
I’m not a minimalist who carries only the bare necessities. Oh, all these are extremely important to me. I’m one of those ‘prepared for anything’ type. But isn’t that why my bag has helped my husband and I in all the difficult situations?
What do I carry in my bag? There about 35 things that’s in there. No, I’m not embarrassed to reveal them to you. And no, they aren’t cluttered. It’s properly organized and I can tell you what’s where. And oh yeah, these will prepare you for just about anything.
- A small idol of Lord Vishnu: which I’ve been carrying along since I was 17 years old.
- Wallet : which contains cash, cards, my wedding pic and a pic with my parents and sister.
- Coins : Not that I love the jingle-jangle in my bag. But you never know when some change comes in handy.
- Hair bands and hair clutch : I love to put my hair down. Always. But for that single braid on a sunny day.
- Compact : Actually, that’s for the mirror. I hate it when there is something in my eye and can’t check it. Or my teeth after that dinner.
- A small bottle of water
- Kajal : You cannot spot me without my kohl eyes.
- Deo : Of course, I feel good when I smell good.
- Face wash : On those hot, humid days!
- A baby bottle of moisturizing lotion : Hate that dry patch on my skin.
- Hand sanitizer: To protect me from the yucky germs!
- Lipstick: I don’t experiment with lipsticks. But this one has been my favorite – Maybelline Fuchsia Pow2! I’m sure my lips love me for it!
- Breath-mints: Why should you let others know that you had tuna for lunch!
- Vicks Vaporub!
- Band-aids: I tend to get shoe-bites. Just like that.
- Paracetamol/Strepsils : For that horrible headache or sore-throat.
- Coffee sachets : for satisfying the coffee lover in me.
- Chewing gums
- Handkerchief/Tissues: Just to wipe off that grease before taking a picture or run for a meeting. Also handy for the sniffs, spilled drink or to simply wipe my hands.
- To-Do Notepad
- Journal : To jot down those ideas that pop up out of nowhere.
- Chocolates or Cookies: Stress-buster! Or just to munch on.
- Cellphone charger and Portable charger
- Earphones : I am a music-lover and I love to listen to music during those long rides in flight/train/cab.
- Umbrella : Sun or rain, you’re my best friend.
- ID’s : Not the Passport always. But the PAN card and Driving license, yes!
- Pen drive
- Kindle : Paperbacks have been replaced by Kindle in my bag. Easy to carry!
- Safety pins : Just in-case I pop a button or seam!
- Knife : Makes me brave!
- Cellphone : Last, but not the least!
Apart from these, there would be a sanitary napkin (for emergencies!), some old movie tickets or receipts (I don’t know why!) and business cards.
What about you? What’s in your bag?