It’s a great start to the day,
because I woke up with sloppy kisses this Friday.
I cannot help but smile,
and smother the pooch with cuddles in the meanwhile.
A cup of coffee and the beautiful view of hills,
Alas! It’s time to hit the treadmill!
A workout is done for I need to get fit
into an LBD, which I picked out for an outfit.
Bright red lipstick and stiletto, I shall wear;
to the New Year’s Eve party, I swear.
With this resolve, I strut to the kitchen,
To make a frittata with cheese and chicken.
It’s been days since I wrote,
Hey, blogging is bae, I take a mental note.
But I ought to list down the things to do,
Of books to read and places to go.
I will make a plan and let him know,
for he is my man, my beau.
He would smile at me and kiss my nose,
Whoopee! That shall make me forget my lows!
This post was written in response to the Idea Prompt.
Friday Reflections is a link up hosted by Corinne at Everyday Gyaan and yours truly. We invite you to join us every Friday to share a good cup of tea and your reflections based on the prompts we provide.
Here’s how #FridayReflections works:
- Write a post using one of the prompts for the week provided below.
- Use the hashtag #FridayReflections. Please follow us on Twitter @FridayReflect and join our Facebook Group.
- Add your link to the linky below.
- Use our #FridayReflections badge to encourage other bloggers to join in too.
- Visit and comment on the posts of other bloggers linked here.
Prompts for 06 July 2018 – choose any one:
- Ten things that make you feel happy all the time.
- “You can’t live your life for other people. You’ve got to do what’s right for you, even if it hurts some people you love.” – Nicholas Sparks, The Notebook.
- Picture prompt (Image credit: Shalini R.)