I am turning 30 in a few months. I had a secret bucket list to tick off before turning 30 but what I never thought I would do was to write a ’30 before 30′ post.
Age should not be a factor for achieving your dreams or making huge decisions. And if your dreams didn’t quite turn out as planned, it’s okay! You’ll not be all grown-up when you turn 30, believe me! You can still be adventurous, do crazy stuff and chase your dreams.
We make mistakes. A lot. Especially in our 20s. They aren’t bad at all. I’ve made my share of mistakes and have quite a few deep dark secrets. While I may not be proud of them, I do believe they have helped me grow in many ways.
Enjoy yourself; that’s what your 20s are for. Your 30s are to learn the lessons. Your 40s are to pay for the drinks.
– Carrie Bradshaw (Sex and the City)
So here it is!
30 Mistakes to make before turning 30!
1. Create an account on all social media platforms
2. Take that horrible job!
3. Follow someone else’s dream
4. Chop off your long tresses
5. To not chop off your long tresses
6. Have the hots for that good-looking guy/girl
7. Fall for the wrong guy/girl
8. Get your heart broken
9. Get your heart broken. Again.
10. Break someone’s heart
11. Trust the wrong people
12. Hate someone with all your might
13. Live with a bad roomie
14. Go size zero
15. Plump it up!
16. Wear terrible clothes
17. Wear designer labels
18. Not traveling (to another country)
19. Not traveling solo
20. Not going for a guys’/girls’ trip
21. Not doing something that scares you- bungee jumping/skydiving/scuba diving
22. Not learning how to cook
23. Eat crap
24. Eat expensive food at a world-class restaurant
25. Not going on a fad diet
26. Not getting drunk
27. Not dancing funny
28. (Not?) Getting a tattoo
29. Do things you aren’t supposed to do in public! ( 😉 )
30. Not taking care of yourself
So, here’s what you should ideally do. Believe in yourself. Do not have a care in the world. Live your life. Do the things you love. Party hard. Be reckless. Be self-destructive. And make memories along the way.
I am writing for the Write Tribe ProBlogger Challenge. The prompt for today is Put your iPod on shuffle/turn on the radio to your fav station. Write a post using the song as your prompt. I’m also linking to #FridayReflections hosted by Sanch Vee and Everyday Gyaan
I was amused by the choreography and instantly hooked to the song ‘Galti Se Mistake‘ when I heard it for the first time. While the song was about the little mistakes that a schoolgoing kid (really?) would do, I found the song funny. And today when my playlist threw this song at me I knew what I should be writing on!