There is no escape. I mean it, when I say it. I haven’t met even one person in my life who hasn’t asked at least one among the below questions! Some are outright hilarious, while others make you ponder if this is the picture that Army Life portray among civilians.
- Aapka pati Army mein he kya? Phir toh daaru free mein milte honge! Ek bottle milega kya? Oh, your husband is serving in the Army? Then, you would be getting free alcohol! Would you get me one? This is often asked by my male friends, colleagues, relatives, acquaintances and strangers. Well, well. Our homes are definitely not a pub or a bar!
- Aapke CSD mein sub kuch sasta he na? Laptops bhi lilte he kya? You get everything in discounted rates in CSD, right? Do you get laptops also?
- Arey waah! Aapko toh free mein ration bhi milte hain! Wow! You get free ration also!
- Ghar mein Fauji bhi honge madat karne ke liye! At home, you would’ve soldiers also for help!
- Mhow? Moing? Woh kidhar he? Abroad he kya? Mhow? Moing? Where are these places? Abroad? Guess, I know more places in our country than others!
- How do you do it? I could never LET my husband do that!
- Has he killed anyone?
- Aajkal war toh nahin chal raha he. Woh phir kya karta hein? There is no war these days. What does he do?
There are many such questions which often haunt us wherever we go. Guess we have learnt to brush them aside. As an Armed Forces wife, do you have anything else to add here? Feel free 🙂
P.S: Excuse my broken Hindi! 😛
I am Married to the Olive Green and I’m writing about the 26 things which I get to do/experience that you as a Civilian wife do not!
I hope you come back again tomorrow!
Meanwhile, here is an easy Chicken recipe from my Food Blog to try out!